With only a few hours of sleep, I managed to wake up this morning at a decent hour to leave for my first day of school! It was cold and damp and all I could think about was how my car was going to slip off the side of the mountain roads. But I made it with only one little snag of my phone's GPS: the damn thing told me to cut through someone's farmland. Which I hear is unsafe for newbie snow drivers. Either way, I made it to school with time to spare. Once inside, I settled down and received my class schedule and supplies.
The first day wasn't so bad either. Orientation gave us information about the school and what the teachers expect. I was happy to learn that my class was small--only 16 people--so it will make the work and instruction a lot more personal. And hopefully there will be less drama.
Tomorrow, in my Foundations of Makeup Effects class, we'll be doing clown make-up. Which can be cool, as long as it's not the classic clown (which are scary). I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a Cirque du Soleil-style of clown makeup. I'm crossing my fingers that we can be liberal with our interpretation. Tonight I will try a little practice run, just to get my creative juices flowing. It couldn't hurt!
Picture of clown make-up coming soon.
Picture of Banksy showcasing my new make-up kit. :}

I'm glad that you enjoy it! It really sounds like interesting work. I can't wait to see your progress! (crossing my fingers for sculpture!)
ReplyDelete